Dallas County Parent Promise
Promise Path Form
Congratulations on your decision to further your education!
Thank you for your interest in the Dallas County Parent Promise scholarship. The Promise Path Form is now closed and will re-open for 2023-2024 high school graduates in November 2023.
The Dallas County Parent Promise covers any cost of tuition (classes) that your financial aid grants do not cover. You must enroll in an academic program at Dallas College which corresponds to a high demand occupation. Parent Promise also pairs you with a Success Coach for the next two to five years to help you navigate and succeed in your college experience. For more details on program requirements and specifics visit the Dallas County Parent Promise website .
All Dallas County Parent Promise information will be sent to the email address and the cell phone number (via text messages) that you list on your Path form. If your contact information changes, please let us know by emailing ParentPromise@dallascollege.edu.
The Dallas County Parent Promise funding can only be used at Dallas College; however, completing the Promise form does not commit you to attending Dallas College.
- Dallas County 2023 graduates attending participating high schools who complete their Promise Path Form by February 1, enable one parent or guardian to become eligible for the Dallas County Parent Promise. Students not completing their Path Form by February 1 will not be eligible for the Dallas Promise Scholarship or Rising Star Scholarship, nor shall their parent or guardian be eligible for the Dallas County Parent Promise.
- The Dallas County Parent Promise Path Form is non-binding. Parents completing the Parent Promise Path Form are not committing to attend Dallas College. Students completing the Promise Path Form are not committing to attend Dallas College or any other Promise Partner college. If a student decides not to take advantage of the Dallas County Promise scholarship, it does not disqualify his or her parent or guardian from participating in the Parent Promise.
- All official Parent Promise correspondence is sent by email, thus you must have an email address to create a user account and complete your Parent Promise Path. If you are a parent or guardian who used their email address to complete their child's Promise Path, you must create a new user account using a different email address. Each email address must be unique.
- To match your Path to your student's Path Form, you will need to know your student's high school, high school ID, student name as listed with the high school and your student's Dallas County Promise ID.
- Once your student has received their Promise ID and the record has been updated, you can begin the Parent Promise Path. You will be notified by email. If you have already been notified, you can click on the link below.
To be notified when the Dallas County Parent Promise Pledge opens for 2023-2024 high school graduate's parents, please email ParentPromise@dallascollege.edu or visit the Dallas County Parent Promise website for information.