Texas Educational Opportunity Grant (TEOG)
TEOG program provides aid to financially needy students enrolled in Texas public two-year colleges. In addition to satisfying general eligibility requirements, a recipient of this grant must be a student who:
- Is a Texas resident;
- Shows financial need;
- If applying for a first-time award, has an expected family contribution (EFC) of no more than $2,000;
- Registers for the Selective Service or is exempt from this requirement;
- Is enrolled at least 1/2 time (6 semester credit hours) in the first 30 hours (or the equivalent) in an associate's degree or certificate program at a public two-year college in Texas;
- Has not been granted an associate's or a bachelor's degree, and
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving a controlled substance.
Academic performance and other requirements must be met for students to receive continuing eligibility.