Texas Educational Opportunity Grant (TEOG)
TEOG program provides aid to financially needy students enrolled in Texas public two-year colleges. In addition to satisfying general eligibility requirements, a recipient of this grant must be a student who:
- Be enrolled at least half-time as an entering undergraduate student in the first 30 hours (or its equivalent) of an associate's degree or certificate program at an eligible institution (excluding credits for dual enrollment or by examination);
- Be classified by the institution as a Texas resident;
- Have a 9 month EFC of no more than $2000;
- Have applied for available financial assistance;
- Have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving a controlled substance;
- Be registered with Selective Service, or be exempt; and
- Not be concurrently receiving a TEXAS Grant.
Academic performance and other requirements must be met for students to receive continuing eligibility.