Toward EXcellence, Access and Success (TEXAS) Grant
TEXAS Grants are for well-prepared, eligible graduates from public or accredited high schools in Texas. Beginning Fall 2014, Public community colleges will only be able to award TEXAS Grant to those students who previously received the TEXAS Grant funding. In addition to satisfying general eligibility requirements, a recipient must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at least three-quarter time as an undergraduate student who previously received a TEXAS Grant award and has not yet been granted a caccalaureate degree:
- Be registered with Selective Service, or be exempt
- Have a calculated financial need
- Be classified by the institution as a Texas resident
- Have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving a controlled substance
Grant recipients must complete at least 24 semester credit hours each academic year to receive continuing eligibility. In addition, satisfactory academic performance standards and other requirements are required to renew eligibility each year.