Texas Resident Requirements
The Texas State legislature has extended eligibility for state student financial aid programs to certain non-citizens. This legislation is known as HB 1403, SB 1528 or the "Noriega Bill". To receive assistance from state aid programs the student must:
- Have graduated or will graduate from a Texas public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Texas;
- Have resided in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school or receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma;
- Have resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior to the census date of the semester in which the student will enroll in El Centro College;
- Sign the affidavit provided by the college that states the student has filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest eligible opportunity to do so;
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable.