Students' Rights and Responsibilities
- You have the right to know...
- What financial aid programs are available at El Centro College
- The deadline for submitting applications for each of the programs.
- How financial aid will be distributed, how decisions on distributions are made, and the basis for these decisions.
- How your financial aid was determined. (Costs for tuition, fees, room, board, travel, books, supplies, personal and miscellaneous expenses are considered in your budget)
- What resources (your current assets, parental contribution, other financial aid, etc.) considered in the calculation of your need.
- How much of your financial need as determined by the college has been met.
- The details of the various programs in your student aid package.
- What portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know the interest rate, the total amount that must be repaid, the payback procedures, and the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when the repayment is to begin.
- Your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status and the conquences if you do not meet SAP.
- In accepting your responsibilities you must...
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the proper place.
- Provide correct information. Falsifying information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense that could result in an indictment under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- Return all requested documentation to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Be responsible for reading, keeping copies, and understanding all forms you are asked to sign.
- Live up to all agreements that you sign.
- Perform the work agreed upon in accepting a work/study award.
- Be aware of and comply with deadlines for application or reapplication for aid.
- Be aware of the RT24 procedures.
- Be aware that early withdrawal from the semester may result in a pro rata reduction of financial aid eligibility. Such a reduction may require repayment of Federal Funds received to attend school.
- Report any name, address, e-mail address and telephone number to the Office of Financial Aid and the Registrars Office.