Eligibility Requirements for Financial Aid
General eligibility requires that you must:
- demontrate financial aid (for most programs);
- be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen;
- have a valid Social Secuurity number;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress (as defined by the college);
- not in default on a federal student loan;
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student at a college that leads to a degree or certificate program;
- have a high school diploma or G.E.D., or complete a high school education in a homeschool setting approved by state law;
- be registered with selective service if required to do so; and
- not owe money on a federal student grant.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Students must select an eligible primary program of study prior to the first disbursement of financial aid. To select an eligible degree or certificate program, please log on to eConnect and visit My Program of Study at https://eConnect.dcccd.edu/.