Vision, Mission, Philosophy and Core Competencies
New students who are entering the college for the first time should follow this version when selecting courses.
Show me what changed in 2015-2016.
Richland College will be the best place we can be to learn, teach, and build sustainable local and world community.Mission
The mission of Richland College is teaching, learning, community building. Richland College identifies and meets the educational needs, primarily of adults, in our principal geographic service area of northeast Dallas, Richardson, and Garland, Texas. To this end, Richland College offers courses, programs, and services to empower students to achieve their educational goals and become lifelong learners and global citizens, building sustainable local and world community. We empower employees to model excellence in their service to students, colleagues, and community.Philosophy
We believe that whole people who are authentically engaged in mind-spirit-body best learn, teach, serve, and lead. In individually connecting soul to role in our valuesbased culture, each of us contributes in nurturing the whole organization, working together in the broader context of creating whole communities and a whole, healthy planet for future generations. These beliefs are at the core of Richland's ongoing commitment to achieving exceptional performance results.Core Competencies
Richland's Core Competencies are our areas of greatest expertise. Core Competencies are strategically important capabilities in our educational market, providing a sustainable advantage for our organization. Following are Richland College's Core Competencies and how they provide a sustainable advantage.
- Agility and innovation to advance exceptional educational delivery and experiences for positive community, social, and economic change
- Values-inspired culture setting a context for how we conduct ourselves collectively and individually to empower success
- A discipline of strategic performance improvement to remain true to our vision of being the best place we can be
- Employee development, engagement, and empowerment so our employees can find satisfaction, purpose, and fulfillment in their mission-related work
- Diverse, multicultural, global learning environment ever expanding our points of view and mutual understanding to advance competency for the global workplace