Note: This program may lead to an occupational license for which a prior criminal history may make a student ineligible. For more information, please visit: https://www.dcccd.edu/hb1508.
(Associate of Applied Science Degree)
(Block Scheduling available at Eastfield College)
- Students pursuing this award program are required to meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards and course prerequisites.
- Students must earn at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction by the college awarding the degree.
Degree Plan Code: AAS.AT.HONDA.PROF
Students pursuing this degree must meet the following requirements:
- Pass the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) or SAT or ACT.
- Score 40 or higher on the Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test.
- One letter of recommendation from an employer or teacher.
- Valid driver's license, with less than three moving violations.
- No DUI/DWIs, no felonies.
- Valid social security number or U.S. work permit.
- Take two Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications.
- Earn at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction by the college awarding the degree.
Honda Professional Automotive Career Training (PACT) program is a specialized program designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as a service technician at a Honda or Acura dealership.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students will earn an Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technology Honda PACT Degree and factory certification. Students are encouraged to gain sponsorship/employment from a participating Honda/Acura dealership approved by the College upon entering the program. They are required to have this sponsorship/paid internship/employment at a Honda/Acura dealer for at least 640 hours as a technician in order to receive the Honda Professional Automotive Career Training degree and factory certification.
Emphasis is placed upon the development of the necessary hands-on skills and knowledge required to function in Honda/Acura dealerships repairing and maintaining Honda/Acura model automobiles with electronic systems. This program includes operational theory, practical skills, and accepted shop procedures reinforced by intensive practice during cooperative work experience periods in the sponsoring dealership.
|AUMT 1305||Introduction to Automotive Technology||3|
|AUMT 1307||Automotive Electrical Systems||3|
|AUMT 1312||Basic Automotive Service||3|
|ENGL 1301||Composition I||3|
|AUMT 1316||Automotive Suspension and Steering Systems||3|
|AUMT 1310||Automotive Brake Systems||3|
|AUMT 2311||Automotive Electronic Controls||3|
|SPCH 1311||Introduction to Speech Communication||3|
|AUMT 1306||Automotive Engine Removal and Installation||3|
|AUMT 1319||Automotive Engine Repair||3|
|AUMT 1345||Automotive Climate Control Systems||3|
|AUMT 2317||Automotive Engine Performance Analysis I||3|
|AUMT 2321||Automotive Electrical Diagnosis and Repair||3|
|AUMT 2334||Automotive Engine Performance Analysis II||3|
|AUMT 2325||Automotive Automatic Transmission and Transaxle||3|
|AUMT 2313||Automotive Drive Train and Axles||3|
|AUMT 2380||Cooperative Education-Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician||3|
|Minimum Hours Required||60|
+MATH Elective - must be selected from the AAS Core Options for Mathematics.
++Humanities/Fine Arts Elective - must be selected from the AAS Core Options for Humanities/Fine Arts.
+++Social/Behavioral Science Elective - must be selected from the AAS Core Options for Social/Behavioral Sciences.
NOTE: Some students enrolling in this program may plan to transfer to four- year institutions. They should consult with an advisor or counselor regarding transfer requirements and to identify how courses will transfer to the four year institution of their choice.