(Associate of Applied Science Degree)
Mountain View only
- Students pursuing this award program are required to meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards and course prerequisites.
- Students must earn at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction by the college awarding the degree.
Degree Plan Code: AAS.MVC.NURS.14
The Associate Degree Nursing Program is a five-semester, 60 credit-hour program leading to the Associate of Applied Science Degree. The program prepares graduates to be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN Examination to become licensed as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in Texas. The Mountain View College Nursing Program is accredited by the Texas Board of Nursing (333 Guadalupe Street, Suite 3-460, Austin, Texas 78701; Telephone number 512-305-7400) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The program combines classroom and skills laboratory experience with hospital clinical experience.
- Fulfill all requirements for admission to both the college and the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Complete the designated assessment testing process and any required remediation, including the state TSI math requirement.
- Complete the four prerequisite courses in English, Biology, Psychology, and Math with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better.
- Submit a completed admission application packet to the nursing admission office at Mountain View on or before the enrollment period deadline. Information sessions are available to further discuss the application process to the program.
|MATH 1314||College Algebra||3|
|ENGL 1301||Composition I||3|
|PSYC 2301||General Psychology||3|
|PHED 1164||Introduction to Physical Fitness and Sport||1|
|BIOL 2401||Anatomy and Physiology I OR||4|
|SCIT 1407||Applied Anatomy and Physiology I||(4)|
|BIOL 2402||Anatomy and Physiology II OR||4|
|SCIT 1408||Applied Anatomy and Physiology II||(4)|
|RNSG 1105||Nursing Skills I||1|
|RNSG 1413||Foundations for Nursing Practice||4|
|RNSG 1360||Clinical-Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||3|
|BIOL 2420||Microbiology for Non-Science Majors||4|
|RNSG 1144||Nursing Skills II||1|
|RNSG 2213||Mental Health Nursing||2|
|RNSG 1160||Clinical-Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||1|
|RNSG 1441||Common Concepts of Adult Health||4|
|RNSG 2362||Clinical-Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||3|
|RNSG 2208||Maternal/Newborn Nursing and Women's Health||2|
|RNSG 2161||Clinical-Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||1|
|RNSG 2201||Care of Children and Families||2|
|RNSG 2160||Clinical-Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||1|
|RNSG 1443||Complex Concepts of Adult Health||4|
|RNSG 2360||Clinical-Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||3|
|Minimum Hours Required||60|
A minimum grade requirement of "C" or better in ALL the courses for the Mountain View Nursing Program is required.
+Humanities/Fine Arts Elective - must be selected from the AAS Core Options for Humanities/Fine Arts.
Compare Online Catalogs (via eConnect)
Select Historical Printed Catalog (PDF)