(Associate in Applied Sciences Degree)
- Students pursuing this award program are required to meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards and course prerequisites.
- Students must earn at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction by the college awarding the degree.
Degree Plan Code: AAS.BHC.NURSING.11
The Associate Degree Nursing Program is a four semester, 72 credit hour program leading to the Associate in Applied Sciences Degree. The program prepares graduates to be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN Examination to become licensed as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in Texas. The Brookhaven College Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Additionally, the Brookhaven Nursing Program is approved by the Board of Nursing.
The program combines classroom and skills laboratory experience with hospital clinical experience.
- Fulfill all requirements for admission to both the college and the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Complete the designated assessment testing process and any required remediation, including the state TSI math requirement.
- Complete the four prerequisite courses in English, Biology, Psychology and Chemistry with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better.
- Submit a completed admission application packet to the nursing admission office at Brookhaven on or before the enrollment period deadline. Information sessions are available to further discuss the application process to the program.
|ENGL 1301||Composition I||3|
|BIOL 2401||Anatomy and Physiology I OR||4|
|SCIT 1407||Applied Human Anatomy and Physiology I||(4)|
|CHEM 1405||Introductory Chemistry I OR||4|
|CHEM 1411||General Chemistry I||(4)|
|PSYC 2314||Lifespan Growth and Development||3|
|SCIT 1408||Applied Human Anatomy and Physiology II OR||4|
|BIOL 2402||Anatomy and Physiology II||(4)|
|RNSG 1413||Foundations for Nursing Practice||4|
|RNSG 1105||Nursing Skills I||1|
|RNSG 1362||Clinical - Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||3|
|RNSG 1144||Nursing Skills II||1|
|RNSG 2213||Mental Health Nursing||2|
|RNSG 1160||Clinical - Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||1|
|RNSG 1441||Common Concepts of Adult Health||4|
|RNSG 2362||Clinical - Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||3|
|BIOL 2420||Microbiology for Non-Science Majors||4|
|RNSG 2208||Maternal/Newborn Nursing and Women's Health||2|
|RNSG 2161||Clinical - Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||1|
|RNSG 2201||Care of Children and Families||2|
|RNSG 2160||Clinical - Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||1|
|RNSG 1443||Complex Concepts of Adult Health||4|
|RNSG 2360||Clinical - Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||3|
|PHIL 2306||Introduction to Ethics||3|
|Minimum Hours Required||60|
A minimum grade requirement of "C" or better for ALL the courses in the Brookhaven College Associate Degree Nursing is required.
Note: Students enrolling in this program who plan to transfer to a four-year institution should consult an advisor or counselor regarding the transferability of these courses to the four-year institution of their choice.