Occupational Therapy Assistant AAS
(Associate in Applied Sciences Degree)
Mountain View only
MVC-New January 1, 2018
- Students pursuing this award program are required to meet Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards and course prerequisites.
- Students must earn at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction by the college awarding the degree.
Degree Plan Code: AAS.OCC.THERAPY
The Associate Degree Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is a five-semester, 60 credit-hour program leading to the Associate in Applied Sciences Degree. The program prepares graduates to be eligible to take the National Board of Certification for Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification examination to become licensed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Mountain View College is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). The program combines classroom and skills laboratory experience with hospital clinical experience.
- Fulfill all requirements for admission to both the college and the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Complete the designated assessment testing process and any required remediation including the state TSI math requirement.
- Complete the four prerequisite courses in English, Biology, Psychology, and Humanities/Fine Arts with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better.
- Submit a completed admission application packet to the OTA (Occupational Therapy Assistant) admission office at Mountain View on or before the enrollment period deadline. Information sessions are available to further discuss the application process to the program.
|ENGL 1301||Composition I||3|
|PSYC 2301||General Psychology||3|
|BIOL 2401||Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|BIOL 2402||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|PSYC 2314||Lifespan Growth and Development||3|
|OTHA 1305||Principles of Occupational Therapy||3|
|OTHA 1315||Therapeutic Use of Occupations and Activities I||3|
|OTHA 2301||Pathophysiology in Occupational Therapy||3|
|OTHA 1319||Therapeutic Interventions I||3|
|OTHA 2209||Mental Health in Occupational Therapy||2|
|OTHA 2302||Therapeutic Use of Occupations or Activities II||3|
|OTHA 1161||Clinical-Occupational Therapy Assistant||1|
|OTHA 1349||Occupational Performance in Adulthood||3|
|OTHA 1162||Clinical-Occupational Therapy Assistant||1|
|OTHA 1341||Occupational Performance from Birth through Adolescence||3|
|OTHA 1163||Clinical-Occupational Therapy Assistant||1|
|OTHA 1253||Occupational Performance for Elders||2|
|OTHA 2235||Health Care Management in Occupational Therapy||2|
|OTHA 2331||Physical Function in Occupational Therapy||3|
|OTHA 2305||Therapeutic Interventions II||3|
|OTHA 2266||Practicum (or Field Experience) - Occupational Therapy Assistant||2|
|OTHA 2267||Practicum (or Field Experience) - Occupational Therapy Assistant||2|
|Minimum Hours Required||60|
+Humanities/Fine Arts Elective - must be selected from the AAS Core Options for Humanities/Fine Arts.
NOTE: Students enrolling in this program who plan to transfer to a four-year institution should consult an advisor or counselor regarding transfer requirements and the transferability of these courses to the four-year institution of their choice.