Mountain View College is an open-access public community college that opened in 1970 as the second of seven colleges in the Dallas County Community College District. MVC serves the residents of southwest Dallas County, Texas. The College serves over 521,000 people living in the southwest quadrant of the city of Dallas, and the cities of Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Grand Prairie.
Mountain View College is located at 4849 West Illinois Ave, Dallas, TX 75211. The campus currently operates and maintains physical facilities that adequately serves the needs of the institution's educational programs, support services, surrounding community and other mission-related activities.
Facilities include: 118 classrooms, 12 computer labs, 9 science labs and a 425- seat performance hall. The various buildings include a total of 519,917 square feet of space, while the campus sits on 200 acres plus acres of stunning scenic beauty. The campus is fully accessible to those with physical disabilities. The following is a list of the buildings and their identifications:
- East and West buildings include: Classrooms, learning laboratories, the gymnasium, the Performance Hall, the Executive Suite and office space for faculty and staff.
- S building includes: All of Student Services including the Mountain View College Business office, bookstore, Testing Center and cafeteria.
- H building includes: Science labs and the Nursing program.
- B building includes: Economic & Workforce Development office, the Business Incubator and classrooms.
- Athletic complex consist of lighted 2,000 seat soccer/ football stadium, lighted baseball and softball diamonds and lighted soccer practice fields.
The campus also includes a wildlife sanctuary, which was the first urban wildlife sanctuary certified by the Humane Society of the United States on a college campus across the country.