Determination of Readiness to Perform Freshman-Level Academic Coursework
The college shall determine when a student is ready to perform college-level coursework based on the student's assessment scores. As indicators of readiness, the college shall consider, as appropriate:
- Performance in developmental education courses by earning a grade of C or better in the highest level of remediation for each failed area;
- Performance in appropriate non-developmental coursework;
- Performance on an approved assessment instrument (described in "Assessment Instruments");
- Performance on appropriate developmental course exit exams used by the institution;
- Performance in at least a 3 hour core-related course(s) with a prerequisite requirement transferred in from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education, met by earning a grade of "C" or better.
- Performance in developmental education course by earning a grade of "C" or better in the appropriate level equated to the state passing standards for those students whose degree does not require college-level math and/or writing.
- Performance on non-course-based (non-semester-length) developmental education intervention as allowed by THECB.