Richland College shall determine when a student is ready to perform college-level coursework based on the student's assessment scores. As indicators of readiness, Richland College shall consider, as appropriate:
- Performance in developmental education courses by earning a grade of C or better in the highest level of remediation for each failed area;
- Performance in appropriate non-developmental coursework;
- Performance on an approved assessment instrument (described in "Assessment Instruments");
- Performance on appropriate developmental course exit exams used by the institution;
- Performance in at least a 3 hour core-related course(s) with a prerequisite requirement transferred in from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education, met by earning a grade of "C" or better.
- Performance in developmental education course by earning a grade of "C" or better in the appropriate level equated to the state passing standards for those students whose degree does not require college-level math and/or writing.
- Performance on non-course-based (non-semester-length) developmental education intervention as allowed by THECB.
- Developmental education coursework and/or intervention learning outcomes developed by the Board based on the Texas College and Career Readiness Standards; and
- Student performance on one or more appropriate assessments, including scores resulting from a student's retaking of the TSI Assessment.
- As indicators of readiness, institutions shall consider, as appropriate:
- Performance in developmental education.
- Performance in appropriate non-developmental coursework.
- A student may retake an assessment instrument at any time, subject to availability, to determine the student's readiness to perform entry-level freshman coursework.
- An institution shall, as soon as practicable and feasible, indicate a student's readiness in reading, mathematics, and writing on the transcript of each student. Student readiness in mathematics is indicated as either:
- ready for any entry-level freshman mathematics coursework; or
- ready only for non-Algebra intensive courses, including MATH 1332/1342/1442 (or their local equivalent).