First Time Students
You may apply as a beginning freshman if you meet one of these standards:
- You are a graduate of an accredited high school.
- You are a graduate of an unaccredited high school and are 18 years of age or older.
- You earned an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD)
- You earned a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- You are at least 18 years of age and do not have a diploma or G.E.D (may be admitted by individual approval).
- If you are under the age of 18, are no longer enrolled in high school of any kind and do not have a diploma or a G.E.D., you may be admitted by one of the following:
- A written recommendation of the principal or superintendent of the last high school you attended, or
- Meet with the VPI or designee for individual approval enrollment.
- If you are 16, did not graduate from an accredited school, but did graduate from a non-accredited high school, or were schooled in a non-traditional setting (i.e., home-schooled), you may be admitted if you meet all of the following conditions:
- Present a written recommendation of the principal or superintendent of the last school you attended, or TSI approved test results; and
- Present a notarized record of the high school equivalent work completed and the date of successful completion; and
- Complete the enrollment agreement noting you understand and accept that academic freedom and the collegiate environment is supported in all courses within the college and
- Agree to limitations on conditions of admission established by the college.
After you are admitted, but prior to registration, you must have submitted to the Admissions/Registrar's Office:
- test scores from a TSI approved test,
- an official high school transcript (if earned within the last five years) or GED completion documentation, and
- proper meningitis documentation.
NOTE: Students who are applying for financial aid must select an eligible program of study prior to the first disbursement of financial aid. To select an eligible degree or certificate program, please log on to eConnect and visit FA Program of Study Selection at https://eConnect.dcccd.edu/.