Richland College - Undocumented Student Who is a Resident of Texas

2014 - 2015 Catalog
Undocumented Student Who is a Resident of Texas

Skip Navagation

Collapse Getting Started

Texas State Law states that you can be admitted to the college and be considered a resident of Texas if you resided with a parent, guardian, or conservator at least part of the time while you attended a public or private high school in Texas, and met all the following conditions:

  • Graduated from a Texas public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Texas;
  • Resided in Texas for at least three years as of the date you graduated from high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma;
  • Have not registered as an entering student at any college or university prior to the Fall Semester of 2001, and
  • Sign the affidavit provided by the college that states you will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity you are eligible to do so.

The Marticular Consular I.D. Card can be utilized as an I.D. for admissions purposes. Students who are undocumented and of Mexican decent are eligible to apply for the Matricula Consular I.D. Card. To read more about this card, go to

Copyright © 2009 Richland College | DCCCD

Richland College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Richland College.

Educational opportunities are offered by the Dallas County Community College District without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression.