Richland College - Undocumented Student Who is a Resident of Texas

2014 - 2015 Catalog
Undocumented Student Who is a Resident of Texas

Skip Navagation

Collapse Getting Started

Texas State Law states that you can be admitted to the college and be considered a resident of Texas if you resided in Texas, and met all the following conditions:

  • Graduated or will graduate from a Texas public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Texas;
  • Resided in Texas for 36 months leading up to graduation from high school or receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma;
  • Have resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior to the census date of the semester in which you will enroll in Richland College.
  • Sign the affidavit provided by the college that states you have filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity you are eligible to do so.

The Matricula Consular I.D. Card can be utilized as an I.D. for admissions purposes. Students who are undocumented and of Mexican descent are eligible to apply for the Matricula Consular I.D. Card. To read more about this card, go to the Mexico Ministry of Foreign Affairs Web site at

Copyright © 2009 Richland College | DCCCD

Richland College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Richland College.

Educational opportunities are offered by the Dallas County Community College District without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression.