Undocumented Student Who is a Resident of Texas

Texas State Law states that you can be admitted to the college and be considered a resident of Texas if you resided in Texas, and met all the following conditions:

  • Graduated or will graduate from a Texas public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Texas;
  • Resided in Texas for 36 months leading up to graduation from high school or receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma;
  • Have resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior to the census date of the semester in which you will enroll in Richland College.
  • Sign the Affidavit of Intent to Become a Permanent Resident provided by the college that states you have filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity you are eligible to do so.

The Matricula Consular I.D. Card can be utilized as an I.D. for admissions purposes. To read more about this card, go to the Mexico Ministry of Foreign Affairs Web site at http://www.sre.gob.mx/en/.