Board of Trustees Mission, Priorities and Objectives
To equip students for successful living and responsible citizenship in a rapidly changing local, national and world community.
THEMATIC PRIORITIES AND STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Student Success
Confirmed through its mission, the Board is committed to meeting the educational needs of Dallas County by:
- Increasing participation in higher education for Dallas County;
- Improving student learning success; and
- Participating in initiatives that result in student success advancement as identified in varying national frameworks.
- Community Engagement
To represent the diverse community of voting citizens and students, and recognize the positive economic impact provided by the College District in Dallas County and beyond, the Board is committed to:
- Increasing workforce readiness to enhance the economy and competitive advantage in Dallas County and the North Texas region; and
- Identifying dynamic partnerships in support of student success, which encourage cooperation between public and private businesses, other education providers, other government agencies, and the citizens of the county.
- Institutional Effectiveness
In balancing external requirements imposed at state and federal levels, with funding decreases and program cost increases, the Board is committed to continuous improvement and to:
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness in use of resources;
- Promoting sustainable practices with positive impacts on social, environmental and economic vitality; and
- Demonstrating institutional commitment to serve the community through sound and transparent fiscal policies and practices.
- Employee Success
In recognition of the complex framework of support that must be maintained to address the educational challenges presented, the Board is committed to:
- Providing a diverse array of models and mentors as a part of the College District's workforce; and
- Improving employee engagement and effectiveness.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
February 5, 2013