2023 - 2024 Catalog
Tuition is the dollar amount a student pays for his or her academic instruction. It is based on credit hours and place of legal residence. Tuition rates are subject to change, without notice, by Dallas College Board of Trustees and by the State of Texas. Beginning Fall 2020, tuition for all semesters is set forth in the table below (Tuition Table):
Category of Tuition
Dallas County Residents*
Other Texas Residents
(Out of County Residents)
|$79 per credit hour with a $79 minimum
|$135 per credit hour with a $135 minimum
|$200 per credit hour with a $200 minimum
|*See "Employees, Retirees, and Dependents" below
Texas residents, who own property subject to ad valorem taxation by Dallas College, or dependents of such persons, may pay tuition at the rate of residents of Dallas County. If a senior citizen (person 65 years or older) who resides in or owns property subject to ad valorem taxation in Dallas County enrolls in credit courses, Dallas College will waive a maximum of six hours tuition each semester or summer session if space is available.
An individual who has moved to Texas and enrolled before having resided here for 12 months immediately preceding registration, and his or her dependents, may be entitled to pay the tuition required of Texas residents. Such an individual 1) must be an employee of a business or organization that is part of Texas' economic development and diversification program, and 2) must file with the college a letter of intent to establish residency in Texas.
Effective for Fall Semester 2005, Dallas College charges a higher tuition rate to students registering the third or subsequent time for a course. All third and subsequent attempts of the majority of credit and Continuing Education/Workforce Training courses will result in higher tuition being charged. Developmental Studies and some other courses will not be charged a higher tuition rate. Third attempts include courses taken at any of the campuses since the Fall 2002 semester. The additional tuition charge is $50 per credit hour for classes taken a third or more times. Visit the Third Attempt Web site at https://www.dallascollege.edu/pc/cost/3rdcrseattmpt/pages/default.aspx for additional information.
*A full-time District employee, District retiree, or eligible dependent who resides outside Dallas County is eligible for Dallas County tuition rates. An individual who would have been classified as a resident for the first five of the six years immediately preceding registration but who resides in another state for all or part of the year immediately preceding registration shall be classified as a resident student.
The Tuition Table above specifies College District tuition rates, which include the cost of learning materials. Pursuant to the federal student aid regulations governing the inclusion of learning materials costs in the amount of tuition and fees, the College District will allow students the opportunity to opt-out of receiving learning materials from the College District and receive a reduced tuition rate, according to the following procedures:
- The College District will confirm that it has an arrangement with a third party that enables the College District to make learning materials available to students at below competitive market rates. To achieve this the College District will do the following:
- Annually, the College District will review publicly available pricing information for the same or substantially similar learning materials to confirm the learning materials are being made available to students at below competitive market rates.
- This annual review will also include information identifying the cost to the College District of the learning materials and presenting a segregation of those costs for internal accounting purposes.
- The results of this review will be memorialized in writing and maintained in the College District's files.
- The memorialization of this annual review will be for internal accounting purposes and for the further purposes of substantiating that learning materials are being made available to students at below competitive market rates facilitating regulatory compliance by the College District.