Students transferring to Mountain View College from other institutions of higher education must turn in official transcripts from all regionally accredited U.S. (and U.S territories) institutions attended, to the Admissions/Registrar's Office of the college they wish to attend. Transcripts must be no older than three years from the date the transcript was printed to comply with the state records and retention law, established by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Students seeking admission after having not attended for a year or longer must also submit a new official transcript.
If you wish to transfer college credit, as defined in the Acceptance of Credit in Transfer section, you must meet the following conditions:
- Present a complete transcript bearing the seal and signature of college/university official of each institution attended. Transcripts must be submitted before you enroll and should include the previous admission record and evidence of honorable dismissal. If you do not submit transcripts prior to enrolling, you can be blocked from a number of courses that require taking certain prerequisites. Transcripts received become the permanent property of the college. If you are transferring from another college, you are not at liberty to disregard your collegiate record by applying as a beginning student. The college reserves the right to review academic credentials and/or transcripts from other higher education institutions for the purposes of evaluating the acceptability of credits. If you do not report all accredited college/university course work, you will be subject to disciplinary action, and possible loss of credit for subsequent course work taken at the college.
- Meet the minimum academic standards of the college. If another institution enforced scholastic withdrawal or suspension, you may petition for admission to the designated school official. Admission may be provisional, and credit hours and course work may be limited.
- Meet all TSI requirements, as follows, after you are admitted:
- If you are transferring from another Texas public college or university, you must present passing TSIA scores or exempting ACT, SAT, TAKS or STAAR scores or grades of C or better in certain college level courses.
- If you are transferring from a private and/or out-of-state college or university, you must present exempting ACT, SAT, TAKS or STAAR scores or grades of C or better in certain college level courses.
- Without transcripts showing the above, you must take the TSI Assessment.