2022 - 2023 Catalog
The Health Center is a multi-purpose facility that promotes health, wellness, and preventive care for the college community. Registered nurses coordinate and provide the health services that include:
- Vaccinations: Meningitis, Flu
- First aid for accident, injury or illness;
- Health information and brochures;
- Some over-the-counter (non-prescription) medicines such as Tylenol, aspirin and antacids;
- Referral information for community health services;
- Select health education, community resources and screening programs;
- Confidential health counseling
You do not need to be sick to come to the Health Center. Health questions and concerns are welcome. Students with chronic health problems should visit the Health Center to discuss any special concerns with the nurse before attending classes or whenever problems arise. No information about your health will be released without your written permission unless required by law.
We recommend that all prospective students have adequate immunization for bacterial meningitis, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, (TDAP), measles (also known as rubeola), rubella, mumps, poliomyelitis, and varicella. See the Department of Health and Human Service's Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule at https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-combined-schedule.pdf.