2022 - 2023 Catalog
Counseling and Psychological Services
The Dallas College Counseling and Psychological Services' professional counselors and psychologists are licensed mental health counseling professionals and psychotherapists. They are highly qualified mental health and behavioral health specialists who hold master's or doctoral degrees.
Our professional counselors are located at all seven campuses of Dallas College.
The Dallas College Counseling and Psychological Services are committed to providing solution-focused mental health and behavioral health services with our Dallas College students, i.e.:
- Mental health counseling and psychotherapy
- Psychometric screenings for depression, anxiety, trauma, alcohol and other drug abuse
- Crisis intervention and suicide risk assessments
- Psychoeducational groups and events
- Professional development, such as "Mental Health First Aid" courses
- Referrals to online peer-to-peer mental health resources
- Information and referrals regarding community mental health resources
Our services are focused on holistic health and wellness, as well as mental and emotional well-being, especially in response to depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, loneliness, isolation, and distress.
Both in-person and virtual free of charge services are available to currently enrolled Dallas College students based on:
- Academic indicators - decline in quality of work and/or grades; repeated absences; continuous classroom disruptions; disturbing content in writing or presentations
- Safety risk indicators - elevated level of anger, rage, hostility, or potential for violence; threats of harm to self or others; feelings of hopelessness or helplessness; acting out behaviors
- Psychological indicators - personal life distress; depression; anxiety; financial distress; grief and loss, etc.
- Physical indicators - physical appearance changes; excessive fatigue or sleep disturbances; effects of the use of alcohol or other drugs; being disoriented or "out of it"