2020 - 2021 Catalog
Admission Requirements for International Students
Dallas College must comply with federal law to enroll international students as provided in FB (LEGAL) and (LOCAL) and as guided by the US Department of Homeland Security. An applicant seeking F-1 or M-1 admission must visit Dallas College international student admissions web page for details on requirements and how to apply.
All applicants/prospective students of Dallas College MUST:
- Visit Dallas College web page for international student admissions for detailed information and how to apply as an F1/M1 international student to that campus.
- Meet one of the following criteria for the English language proficiency requirement for college-level F1 admissions:
- TOEFL scores of 530 or higher on the paper and pencil version, or a TOEFL score of a 71 or higher on the internet-based version. The Educational Testing Service must send your score directly to Dallas College of admission where applied; or
- IELTS score of a 6.0 or higher. The British Council must send your score directly to Dallas College where applied.
- You are a graduate of an accredited U.S. college or university;
- You are a native speaker of English from a country in which English is the primary language of the majority as documented by the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Languages. An example of such countries are but not limited to Anguilla, Australia, The Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Grenadines and Saint Vincent, Great Britain, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nevis and Saint Kitts, New Zealand, Trinidad and Tobago;
- You have an official transcript from an accredited college or university in the United States showing a grade of "C" or better for English 1301 or the equivalent and/or other courses as determined by TSI rules to qualify for a waiver;
- You have successfully completed the final level of an intensive English program of Dallas College;
- You have met the TSI requirement in reading and writing through successfully completing the TSI test, are otherwise exempted from taking the TSI test in reading and writing, and/or present scores from an assessment test approved by Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board under TSI.
- Note: TSI may still be required even if the required TOEFL/IELTS scores are submitted. Applicants/prospects from native English speaking countries may be waived from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement, but may not be waived from taking the TSI assessment.
In addition to the requirements stated above, transfer international students MUST complete the F1/M1 SEVIS record admission and transfer in process within 15 days of the start of classes as required by federal regulations.
An international student who wishes to transfer from another U.S. institution of higher education must present documentation indicating valid international student visa status, including pursuit of a full course of study during the term immediately preceding transfer from the institution last authorized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to attend.
Dallas College strongly recommend that international students obtain health insurance for the duration of their studies. Lack of health insurance puts a student at risk of serious financial challenges if medical expenses are incurred and a student is unable to pay, and a student could possibly have to return to the home country.