2022 - 2023 Catalog
TEXAS TOP 10% Scholarship Program
The 80th Texas Legislature created the Top 10% Scholarship to encourage students who graduate in the top 10% of their high school class to attend a Texas public institution of higher education. Typically, if funding is available, qualifying students who submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) by the state priority deadline of **January 15th, have financial need, and enroll fulltime in a Texas public college or university in the fall semester may be eligible to receive an award. Students who submit their FAFSA after this deadline will not be awarded in the 2018-2019 academic year due to limited funding.
- Submit the Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in time to generate the CPS results in a non-rejected status by **March 15th, or submit the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) to the financial aid office by **March 15th if ineligible to complete a FAFSA;
- Complete 30 semester credit hours (SCH) in the previous year;
- Maintain cumulative 3.25 GPA; and
- Complete at least 75% of hours attempted.
- Be classified by the institution as a Texas resident.
- Be registered with Selective Service or be exempt.
- Have unmet financial needs.
- Be an undergraduate student who previously received an award.