A resident for Tuition purposes must:
- Have resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior to the census date of the semester in which the student will enroll in Richland College;
- Have graduated or will graduate from a Texas public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Texas;
- Have resided in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school or receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma;
- Sign the affidavit provided by the college that states the student has filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest eligible opportunity to do so;
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable.