2022 - 2023 Catalog
First Time Students
You may apply as a beginning freshman if you meet one of these standards:
- You are a graduate of an accredited high school.
- You are a graduate of an unaccredited high school and are 18 years of age or older.
- You earned an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD)
- You earned a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- You are at least 18 years of age and do not have a diploma or G.E.D (may be admitted by individual approval).
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, are no longer enrolled in high school of any kind and do not have a diploma or a G.E.D., you may be admitted by one of the following:
- A written recommendation of the principal or superintendent of the last high school you attended, or
- Meet with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management or designee for individual approval enrollment.
- If you are 16 years old, did not graduate from an accredited school, but did graduate from a non-accredited high school, or were schooled in a non-traditional setting (i.e., home-schooled), you may be admitted if you meet all of the following conditions:
- Present a written recommendation of the principal or superintendent of the last school you attended, or TSI approved test results; and
- Present a notarized record of the high school equivalent work completed and the date of successful completion; and
- Complete the enrollment agreement noting you understand and accept that academic freedom and the collegiate environment is supported in all courses within Dallas College; and
- Agree to limitations on conditions of admission established by Dallas College.
For additional information on the addmission and registration process, please visit the New College Student Enrollment webpage.