2020 - 2021 Catalog
Learning Frameworks (EDUC 1300)
Students pursuing an Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree with less than 12 (twelve) successfully completed college-level hours will be required to take and complete EDUC 1300, a first-year general elective course that will contribute to student success by addressing factors that impact learning in college, including:
- Research and theory in learning,
- Strategies to monitor,
- Regulate and control cognition,
- Motivation and behavior; and
- The ability to think ethically and critically.
Students will be prohibited from enrolling in their 10th college-level hour if they have not registered for EDUC 1300. Students who are 65 years or age and older, and students with 12 or more college-level hours are exempt from this requirement.
Students may be waived from completing EDUC 1300 if they:
- Are seeking career and technical education through an Associate of Applied Sciences degree, a certificate, or credit contract training program.
- Are seeking an Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree or Field of Study degree.
- Are transient university students.
- Are Dual Credit students who have not graduated from high school.