2020 - 2021 Catalog
Recommended Academic Load
If you have an Academic Staning of "Good," the maximum academic load is 18-credit hours of course work per semester or 5 classes plus physical education. You must receive permission from the appropriate campus official to carry a heavier load.
A few helpful things to keep in mind as you schedule and register for classes are:
- If you are employed and carrying a full load (12 credit hours or more), it is recommended that you not work more than 20 hours per week.
- If you work more than 20 hours, you should consider reducing your academic load proportionately.
- The recommended load limit for day or evening students who are employed full-time is six credit hours.
- The recommended load limit in a six-week summer session is six credit hours.
- For shortened terms, you may not enroll for more credit hours than the total number of weeks the class meets. (i.e. For a three-week term, you may register for no more than three credit hours.
Contact your academic advisor for specific information.