Mission:To provide higher education and lifelong learning to meet the needs of our changing world.
The goals and purposes of Texas public community colleges are as set forth in Education Code 130.003, as follows:
- Maximize student success for all students
- Increase participation in higher education within our service area
- Improve student learning
- Participate in and lead initiatives that advance student success
- Recruit, retain, support and develop successful employees
- Provide a diverse and strategic array of professional development opportunities for our employees
- Compose and implement employment policies, procedures and pathways which facilitate employee success
- Optimize institutional effectiveness and commit to sustainability
- Promote efficiency and effectiveness of human, capital and fiscal resources
- Design an organizational structure with the capacity to support and carry out the strategic goals of Brookhaven College 2018
- Promote sustainable practices with positive impacts on learning and social, environmental and economic vitality
- Cultivate mutually beneficial college/community partnerships and relationships
- Increase workforce readiness to enhance the economy and competitive advantage of North Texas and beyond
- Identify and develop dynamic partnerships in support of our mission, which encourage cooperation between the college and public and private businesses, other education providers, government agencies, and the citizens of our community
- Demonstrate individual and institutional commitment to serve the community through sound and transparent policies and practices
ValuesWe demonstrate our understanding of these core values and strive to uphold them in our daily actions and decision-making.
- Learning - We demonstrate our understanding of these core values and strive to uphold them in our daily actions and decision-making.
- Service - We promote a culture of service, not only with those with whom we study and work but also to the surrounding community which recognizes our leadership through our service.
- Diversity - We foster an inclusive environment built on shared decision-making in which the values, perspectives and individual dignity of all members of the college community are recognized and supported.
- Integrity - We conduct ourselves with honesty, ethics, transparency and respect and appreciate that the strength of a community is rooted in the integrity of its members. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and our actions.
- Excellence - We collaborate within and across groups to meet challenges creatively. As a community of learners we share a commitment to excellence and quality in all that we do. This commitment extends to our students and each other as we strive to achieve and exceed our own expectations.