The intercollegiate athletic program provides student athletes opportunities to compete in sports in an educational environment. Bringing together those students with motor skills beyond the level of the college physical education class and/or intramural offerings, the program promotes physical fitness, intellectual development, social interaction, sportsmanship and team commitment.
The athletic program strives to bring together both participants and spectators of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Participation on athletic teams is voluntary on a non-scholarship basis for women and men meeting requirements established by the Dallas Athletic Conference and the National Junior College Athletic Association (N.J.C.A.A.). All teams are associated with the N.J.C.A.A. and our conference champions compete at regional, district and national tournaments. Since 1997, the college teams have won 16 N.J.C.A.A. Division III national championships in baseball, basketball, volleyball and soccer.
- Brookhaven College
- Cedar Valley College
- Eastfield College
- Mountain View College
- North Lake College
- Richland College
Dallas Athletic Council Members
- Kevin Hurst, Athletic Director Brookhaven College
- Krasi Kolarov, Athletic Director, Cedar Valley College, District Director of College Programs
- Anthony Fletcher, Athletic Director, Eastfield College
- Manny Mantrana, Athletic Director, Mountain View College
- Greg Sommers, Athletic Director, North Lake College
- Guy Simmons, Athletic Director, Richland College
- Fred Clausen, District Director of Athletic Programs-DAC Commissioner
All DAC team's chief executive officer has ultimate responsibility for and exercises appropriate administrative and fiscal control over, the institution's intercollegiate athletics program.
- Baseball (Men)
- Basketball (Men)
- Soccer (Men)
- Soccer (Women)
- Volleyball (Women)
- Softball (Women--MVC only)
The Dallas Athletic Conference is committed to:
- Providing an educational environment that emphasizes the development of life skills.
- Providing academic advising that promotes transfer opportunities.
- Providing a culture that develops global citizenship.
- Providing an athletic and educational environment supportive of sportsmanship.
- Supporting educational programs that encourage and reflect student persistence.