2015 - 2016 Combined Catalogs of the Colleges

Undocumented Student Who is a Resident of Texas

Texas State Law states that you can be admitted to the college and be considered a resident of Texas if you resided with a parent, guardian, or conservator at least part of the time while you attended a public or private high school in Texas, and met all the following conditions:

  • Graduated from a Texas public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Texas;
  • Resided in Texas for at least three years as of the date you graduated from high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma;
  • Have not registered as an entering student at any college or university prior to the Fall Semester of 2001, and
  • Sign the affidavit provided by the college that states you will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity you are eligible to do so.

The Marticular Consular I.D. Card can be utilized as an I.D. for admissions purposes. Students who are undocumented and of Mexican decent are eligible to apply for the Matricula Consular I.D. Card. To read more about this card, go to http://www.sre.gob.mx/dallas/

© 2024 Dallas County Community College District.