For each student who fails to meet the minimum passing standards, Cedar Valley College shall:
- Advise the student regarding developmental education necessary to ensure the readiness of that student in performing freshman-level academic coursework.
- Provide a plan, working with the student, for academic success, which shall include developmental education and may include provisions for enrollment in appropriate non-developmental coursework.
- Each plan for academic success shall:
- Students may logon to eConnect at https://eConnect.dcccd.edu/ to view their Academic Success Plan.
- Be designed on an individual basis to provide the best opportunity for each student to succeed in obtaining his or her career and/or academic goals. At a minimum, the individual plan shall address:
- Career advising;
- Course-based and/or non-course-based developmental education options;
- Campus and/or community student support services/resources;
- Degree plan or plan of study;
- Regular interactions between student and designated point of contact (e.g., advisor, faculty member, peer and/or community mentor, etc/);
- Registration for next semester/next steps; and
- Differentiated placement.
- Provide to the student a description of the appropriate developmental education considered necessary to ensure the readiness of that student to perform freshman-level academic coursework.
- Provide to the student an approprate measure for determining readiness to perform freshman-level academic coursework, relating to Determination of Readiness to Perform Freshman-level Academic Coursework.
- Institutions shall consider all federal laws pertaining to individuals with disabilities when assessing and advising such students.
- Students enrolled in a mathematics pathway model (e.g., New Mathways Project, modular/Emporium models, etc.) will be clearly informed of the consequences of successful completion of this model which will result in meeting the mathematics college readiness standard only for specific college credit courses and that changing degree plans may require additional developmental education coursework/interventions.